How to Do Export Antique Handicraft & Handmade Craft Product from India
Handicraft – A big sector of Indian Industry and know today How to Do Export Antique Handicraft & Handmade Craft Product from India. Read Full Blog
Join now – Call for more details – IVR – 7385386999 7499016277, 9370885019 – 9529899440 – 8055805596
The fast-growing demand for Indian handicraft and gift products has made this sector a full-fledged large-scale organized industry that is growing day by day.
India has a very less amount of shares in the international market for Handicraft Export, as the handicrafts sector has not yet been sincerely explored so as to bring out the hidden potentiality within the artisans. The major states in India that are involved in the exportation of handicraft items include Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, North Western state of Rajasthan, and the coastal state of Gujarat.
The two broad sections in Indian handicraft items are:
- Consumer goods for daily use
- Decorative items manufactured by the skilled craftsmen
The Indian handicrafts industry exports the following products by and large:
- Cloth Paintings
- Design & Development
- Floor Paintings
- Handmade Paper
- Kashmiri Paintings
India is one of the major exporter and supplier of handicrafts and gift products to the foreign market. The Indian handicrafts industry is highly labor-intensive and decentralized, being spread all across the country in rural and urban areas.
The sector is considered as the second-largest employment-generating sector after agriculture with numerous artisans engaged in craft work on a part-time basis.
The history of Indian Handicraft tradition has evolved over the centuries offering a legacy of Indian culture promising everything – beauty, dignity, form, and style. The variety is comprehensive and ranges from age-old stone carvings to modern handicrafts making use of glass flints and mirrors.
The most popular crafts include metalware Handicraft, earthenware Handicraft, pottery Handicraft, sculpting Handicraft, woodwork Handicraft, hand-printed textiles and scarves Handicraft, embroidered and crocheted goods Handicraft, shawls Handicraft, zari Handicraft products, stone carving Handicraft and imitation jewelry.
The various handicraft items that are exported worldwide – Internationally include the following:
- Textile based handicrafts- the hand-printed textile designs include block and screen painting, kalamkari, batik, and bandhani. These materials are widely used in bed-covers, bed-sheets, upholstery, dress materials, and tapestry.
- Clay, Metal and Jewelry-the chief metals used for handicraft items include brass, copper, bronze, and bell metal. These are used for manufacturing various wares, which are carved out in multifarious designs both traditional and contemporary.
- Stone Craft-Various handicraft items in India are manufactured in stones. Marble, alabaster, and soapstone are used as the primary materials for these products. These stone crafts are then adorned with semiprecious stones.
- Glass and Ceramic-the artistic crafts of glass and ceramic are found in a varied range of designs, which are a perfect blend of the Western-style and Indian aesthetics. These products are available in various shapes and colors.
Best Segments for Indian Handicrafts Export Business :
- Jodhpur (Raj)- Wooden, Wrought Iron and Sea Shell handicrafts
- Moradabad (UP)- Art metal wares and imitation jewelry
- Narsapur (A.P)- Lace and Lace goods
- Saharanpur (UP)- For Wooden handicrafts and Wrought iron handicrafts
Top Export Buyer Countries for Indian Handicrafts Export Business are as follows:
- Shawls and Art wares have got their markets in Saudi Arabia, U.S.A. Japan and U.K
- Hand printed textiles and scarves have occupied a market in U.S.A., U.K., Germany and Canada
- Art Metal wares have their markets in U.S.A., Germany, U.K. and Italy
- Imitation Jewelries are highly consumable in U.S.A., U.K., Saudi Arabia and Germany
- Wood Wares are widely popular in U.S.A., U.K., Germany and France
- Zari and Zari goods have found markets in U.K. U.S.A., Japan and Saudi Arabia
- Embroidered and Crocheted Goods have occupied a huge market in U.S.A., Saudi Arabia, U.K., and Germany
- Miscellaneous handicrafts have markets in U.S.A., Germany, U.K. and France
Top Ten Destinations of India’s Export for Handicrafts
- U S A
- U K
- U A E
The Most Export items of Handicraft Export , which account for a major share of export turnover, include – art metalware, woodware, hand-printed textiles, hand-knotted and embroidered textiles, leather goods, stoneware, paintings and sculpture, jewelry and antique & collectibles.
Country-Wise Export of Indian Crafts – Major buyers of Indian handicrafts are
|Art Metalwares||U.S.A., Germany, U.K. & Italy|
|Wood Wares||U.S.A., U.K., Germany & France|
|Hand Printed & Textiles & Scarves||U.S.A., U.K. , Germany & Canada|
|Embroidered & Crocheted Goods||U.S.A., Saudi Arabia, U.K., Germany|
|Shawls as Artwares||Saudi Arabia, U.S.A. Japan & U.K|
|Zari & Zari goods||U.K. U.S.A., Japan & Saudi Arabia|
|Imitation Jewelry||U.S.A., U.K., Saudi Arabia & Germany|
|Miscellaneous Handicrafts||U.S.A., Germany, U.K. & France|
Indian Handicrafts Export is one of the most important sources of foreign revenue in the country. India is known to be the largest exporter of handicraft items among all other developing country.
The handicraft industry of India has ensured opportunities to more than six million craftsmen including females who can utilize their talents to earn a proper livelihood. Indian handicraft industry comprises of both men and women workers, which has led to a flourishing economy in these weaker sections of the country.
- Low capital investment
- High ratio of value addition
- Potentially active for export and foreign exchange income
Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87 and is a non-profit organisation, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts.
Mandatory Export Documents For Export Handicraft Product –
- Company – Firm Incorporation
- Import Export Certificate – IEC Code
- Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts
- Goods & Service Tax Registration – GST
- MSME Registration
- Trademark – Brand For your Product Quality ( Optional )
Watch The video – HandiCraft Export From India | Antique Handmade Product Export |How To Start Handicraft Export Buyer
Read Our Other Startup Export Import Business Document Articles –
- How a startup can start export business in India in 2019-20 |Export Import
- Imitation Jewelry Artificial Jewelry Export Business |Export Import business
- How to Start Meat & Processed Meat Export Business in india | Export Meat
- How to Start Readymade Garments & Textile Export Business From India
- how to start import export business in India & export Documents
- How to select a profit product for new Export Business Export Product
- Document for Export Food product Meat Honey Rice Agriculture from India
- 3 way to find international buyer for Indian export product search buyer
- 7 Steps to Success in export business as start up exporter from India
- 8 Criteria’s for Selection of Product for Export Import Business From India
- Importance of The Export Import Business To Global International market
- 5 Tips step how to Choose the Right Name for Your import Export Business
- 10 Reason to start Your Export Business Reason for Start Export Business
- 10 Step to Develop A Export Strategy Plan ? How to Start Export Business
- 9 tips how to Develop Export Import Business Marketing Plan | Start Export
- Import Export Certificate | IEC CodeDocument for Start Export Import Biz
- 15+ Top Export Country for India 2019 | Export Import Business Document