How to Start Readymade Garments & Textile Export Business From India
Fashion is always on top priority for everyone so know today How to Start Readymade Garments & Textile Export Business From India.
India is the world’s second-largest exporter of textiles and apparels, with a massive raw material and manufacturing base. The textile industry is a significant contributor to the economy, both in terms of its domestic share and exports. It contributes about seven per cent to industry output, two per cent to the GDP and 15 per cent to the country’s total exports earnings. The sector is one of the largest sources of job creation in the country, employing about 45 million people directly.
Readymade garment exports are market driven, which implies what the foreign market wants and how the garment exporter could fulfill it, or product driven, which implies what the exporter has to offer and how can an appropriate strategy be applied to find the targeted buyers in the foreign market so you know now How to Start Readymade Garments & Textile Export Business From India.
The requisites of these are that the exporter must know the export plan, production procedure and export documentations.
Mandatory Export Documents For Export Readymade Garments & Textile Product –
- Company – Firm Incorporation
- Import Export Certificate – IEC Code
- RCMC For Textile & Apparel
- Goods & Service Tax Registration – GST
- MSME Registration
Developing an Export Plan is the first step in setting up an international readymade garment business in order to produce readymade garments export. An effective export plan enables exporters to evaluate their strengths and weakness before entering the export market and start production.
Export Pricing is the most important tool for promoting sales and facing international competition, hence the price has to be realistically worked out taking into consideration all the export benefits and expenses. Some of the crucial aspects that quote export pricing are the costs of production, cost of distribution, easy availability of fabric and accessories, type of readymade garment, nature of demand, international taxes, design, market information on bilateral agreements .
Financial Analysis: For a readymade garment export firm, the external and internal sources of funds must be carefully analyzed. Similarly, the sales forecast related to the export plan must be effectively projected. The available preshipment and post-shipment finance options in the market help the readymade garment exporter to a large extent. In other words, efficient financial analysis acts as a foundation stone for a successful export organization.
Whenever we see a beautiful piece of garment, we appreciate the quality of fabric, the design, the level of perfection and the workmanship involved but seldom do we realize how many skilled hands that one piece of garment passes through before finally reaching us.
The garment industry in India is very fragmented however there are garment exporters who have gone against all odds, made the best use of the government schemes and incentives and have managed to create a niche for themselves in the highly competitive international market.
- Ready-made garments (RMG) exports from India stood at Rs 52,810.51 crore (US$ 7.53 billion) during the same time.
- India is the largest cotton producer in the world (35.1 million bales of 170 kg each)
- Fibre exports of the country in 2017-18 were valued at US$ 2,481.90 million. During April-September 2018, fibre exports stood at Rs 8,429.05 crore (US$ 1,201.06 million).
- Total value of Yarn, Fabrics and Made-ups exports of the country stood at US$ 14.33 billion during 2017-18. During April-September 2018, the exports stood at Rs 54,422.11 crore (US$ 7.75 billion).
Main markets for Indian textile and apparel exports are:
- The US
- European Union
- Parts of Asia
- Middle East
In the future, India’s apparel exports are expected to increase considerably. Total exports of textiles and apparel are expected to touch US$ 82 billion by 2021 with CAGR of 12.06 per cent.
Bangladesh and Vietnam are emerging as important nations for apparel exports due to their low labour costs, and are aggressively capturing the emerging opportunities due to China’s declining share in the international market. Even India’s imports are increasing from Bangladesh and Vietnam, due to which the government increased import duties on over 330 textile items last year. Bangladesh fully exempts customs duty, due to which Chinese fabric is coming duty free to India via Bangladesh in the form of garments.
One major area that is impacting India’s apparel exports is the lack of trade agreements. Due to the slow progress of the Doha round, a number of trade agreements have been signed leading to zero or preferential tariff arrangements between member countries.
APPAREL EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL
The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) is the official body of apparel exporters that provides assistance to Indian exporters as well as to importers/international buyers choosing India as their preferred destination for sourcing garments.
Read Our Other Startup Export Import Business Document Articles –
- how to start import export business in India & export Documents
- How to select a profit product for new Export Business Export Product
- Document for Export Food product Meat Honey Rice Agriculture from India
- 3 way to find international buyer for Indian export product search buyer
- 7 Steps to Success in export business as start up exporter from India
- 8 Criteria’s for Selection of Product for Export Import Business From India
- Importance of The Export Import Business To Global International market
- 5 Tips step how to Choose the Right Name for Your import Export Business
- 10 Reason to start Your Export Business Reason for Start Export Business
- 10 Step to Develop A Export Strategy Plan ? How to Start Export Business
- 9 tips how to Develop Export Import Business Marketing Plan | Start Export
- Apeda RCMC Online Registration | Export Food items | Benefits & Process
- 2 Type Methods To Start Export Business | Direct Export | Indirect Export
- Import Export Certificate | IEC CodeDocument for Start Export Import Biz
- 15+ Top Export Country for India 2019 | Export Import Business Document
- How a startup can start export business in India in 2019-20 |Export Import